Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Praise God!

Week 11 and the workload of my final project is overwhelming.

So many scriptures come to mind, it's hard to pick just one...

Hebrews 12:5,6 - And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons: "My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son."

Hebrews 12:7 - Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?

Job 23:10 - But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold.

Gal 3:4,5 - Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, for each one should carry his own load.

James 1: 2-4 - Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

James 1:2-4 has always been an "impactful" scripture for me. I am extremely burdened by my work, and for some reason I am rather unproductive in the days.

Sometimes I wonder if I do enough for God? Sometimes I wonder if I'm doing enough at all?

Time is too fast, my progress is too slow. God, Creator of all time, if You would slow down the clock for me, so I could advance a little further, I would appreciate it so..

God, Creator of all creativity, if You would refresh this artsy mind You have gifted me with and provide me with ideas and visions of visuals and media that I could make happen to glorify Your name and extend Your Kingdom, I would appreciate it so..

God, Creator of man, thank You for reminding me of You, Your endless love and faithfulness. Take my hand and lead me through this excruciating final semester to the level of honoring You with my work.

Praise God!

No comments: