Sunday, April 22, 2007

Virginia Tech massacre - the enemy's works through the works of the world

After catching up on the Virginia Tech massacre recently on CNN.com.. I now see fewer articles, fewer videos related to it - the sorrow may continue within the community there, but the news needs to present the world with other updates as well.

As I followed up on the case through news videos and articles, I feel angered, disappointed, stunned..

There's alot I can say about the shooter in this incident.. (sometimes I'm unsure whether to call him the suspect or the victim) But I can summarize his condition to be lost... in need... unministered to.. cracked.. slaughtered.. and died..

This guy was cared for by his housemates, he was sent for counselling out of the police's concern, yet among all those people who knew him.. there was not one willing to share the Gospel with him.

I know, I talk big. I don't truly know his background, nor do I know his environment, yet I dare imply "someone did not do their job of sharing the love of God with him". Moreover, I know I can be plenty reluctant to do exactly that due to many factors.

But this is a good example of the Bible's true words saying the enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy. One character, driven to madness by the world and his thoughts, simply needs to flip the coin and make the decision to act to take many lives to the grave with him.

I'm slow at acting, afraid I may mess up, afraid I can't do it, but that doesn't mean there isn't a burden in my heart. I'm still asking the Lord to give me the love, urgency and discernment. If it is HIs will, maybe one day I'll finally step out of my blurness and comprehend.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

dun mind me commenting here but i felt like saying sumthing.
sumtimes these things are things u can't avoid and there are times these things happen for a reason and there are times it may not turn out to be the reason we think it is but sumthing else.
so dun blame it on urself for the lil flaws u have inside of u cos sumtimes those flaws can be the thing that betters u in the near future. and only one line to that,'In His Time...'

Merr-peng said...

Who says i'm blaming myself for the massacre in Virginia Tech? :D

Unknown said...

<_< wrong channel


T____________T