Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Amazed..

I have been working on The Purple Book (Biblical Foundations) for devotion and am currently on the chapter on discipleship. I haven't even finished the chapter but I'm too excited over something that has happened repeatedly and I felt it could be good for people to know.

Recently, I decided to take note of what I learn during devotion. My methodology was to write a WORD for the day, then the LESSON from devotion and the COMMAND or ACTION to apply in my life.

So yesterday, the word I received was
discipleship and the action was to obey Christ's teaching. It may sound hard, having to remember every command and detail and so forth each day. It sounds like having to memorize a rule book and play the game. But what I learned today made things much, much simpler.

Today's word was
crucifixion and that is, being crucified with Christ. Don't get riled up or run off yet; at least listen to what I have to say for the next two lines. Being "crucified" simply means to "die" or put off old, undesirable habits (I am confident every one of us has some of these) and live a new life in Christ. Here's a popular phrase on how to live a new life in Christ: What would Jesus do? (WWJD)

How often do we realize that by living a WWJD life, we are already obeying God? The math is simple: Jesus is the perfect example of how God wants us to live. By asking WWJD in our lives and applying the answer, we're already living how God wants us to live!

Upon this revelation, I said, "But God, Jesus is different! He is You in the form of a man; He had more power to overcome than any normal man on earth!"

And as God has done so many times before this, He said to me, "Isn't that why I gave you My Holy Spirit? He is your guide, counselor, guard and
source of power. However incapable you as a person are, you are capable with My Spirit."

Once again, I am revealed the awesomeness of God's ways. I gotta admit, He has every detail thought thoroughly; every loophole filled.

I am amazed by Him.

No comments: